Get your business off to a flying start
We are a city that values the presence of small and medium enterprises so whether you are looking start a new business, looking for funding or want to achieve increased competitiveness and growth, then look no further.
The City of Wolverhampton provides start-up advice and support to businesses through our dedicated team of advisors at the Black Country Growth Hub. It's a single point of contact for businesses to easily access a wide range of support and expertise on setting up and running a successful new venture covering a variety of aspects including:
- Business planning
- Access to finance
- Finding premises for your business
Find premises for your business
Whether you are looking for commercial premises or a site for a design and build project, we will support you in the following areas to ensure your new start-up is a success from day one:
- Commercial property search (including council owned and privately owned premises)
- Location and type of premises (e.g. size, layout, appearance, property usage, proximity to other amenities and competitors, footfall in the area)
- Advice on operational costs including property rental costs, business rates and labour costs
- Support to keep your premises safe, secure and legal
- Advice on grants and incentives that can support your start-up
- If you are thinking of opening premises in the city centre we will introduce you to Wolverhampton Business Improvement District (BID)
Search for commercial properties in Wolverhampton by visiting Propertylink.
The Gov.uk website provides a tool to help you estimate your business rates.